The Cole Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support research, scholarly studies, and the development of a written philosophy from the teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg, regarding the economy, the civil law, the political theory, and the cultural and ethical values applicable thereto.
Activities involve supporting the development of academic programs at various institutions, grants for specific scholarly work, and funding and supporting student programs and experiences in keeping with our mission.
For further information on the Cole Foundation's grant-making process, submit a Contact form.
A sample of specific scholarly work supported by the foundation:
- "The Last Judgment and New Church Scholarship: Some Implications for the Future" a paper by Michael H. Hogan with Jane Williams-Hogan, PhD
- PowerPoint Presentation of David Radcliff's Talk on Nation Building
- Summary of Dr. Greg Rose's Talk on Nation Building by Dan Synnestvedt
- Donald C. Fitzpatick's Talk on Nation Building in The Early American Republic
- "Freedom and Responsibility" : A Chapel Talk by Rev. Walter E. Orthwein
- "Valentine's Day Redefined?" : by Dan A. Synnestvedt
- "Religion and Liberty: The Founders' Legacy" : A Paper by Michael H. Hogan
- "Toward a New Church Philosophy of Law" : A Speech by Eli Echols